Date Posted: January 11, 2019
Closes: February 6, 2019
Ada County Highway District is now accepting applications for a Traffic Analyst in Traffic Engineering. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting wage range of $17.83 - $20.50 per hour, DOQ.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- Under supervision, the Traffic Analyst assists in the analysis, development, and operation of traffic safety on all Ada County residential streets. The incumbent conducts traffic surveys, tabulates results, and provides departmental assistance for public meetings and inquiries. The incumbent works closely with residents, Neighborhood Associations, and other government agencies in dealing with traffic concerns on local streets.
- The Traffic Analyst obtains, organizes and analyzes traffic data, investigates citizen concerns and requests. Duties may also include field layouts of striping, signs and other roadway safety features and preparation of the necessary work orders for approval.
- The Traffic Analyst reviews temporary traffic control plan submittals for conformance with the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) and ACHD requirements.
- Requires strong communication skills (both verbal and written), coupled with the ability to work as a liaison between the Traffic Engineering staff, other departments, and with the public.
- The successful candidate must have the ability to perform mathematical calculations. Some knowledge of engineering practices and techniques is desirable, but not required.
- Knowledge of Word and Excel is required; Access database and GIS experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of the MUTCD and ACHD policies is a must. Must be able to obtain Traffic Control Technician certification within one year of hire.
- Requires a valid Idaho Driver's License and the ability to operate ACHD vehicles in the completion of duties.
- Any combination of education and experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, is acceptable.
A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources by 4:30 p.m. on February 6, 2019.