Date Posted: January 17, 2019
Closes: January 31, 2019
Asset Management Specialist
Ada County Highway District is now accepting applications for an Asset Management Specialist in the Pavement Management area of the Planning Department. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting wage range of $21.58 - $24.81 per hour, DOE.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- Under the direction of the Pavement Management Engineer, performs technical office duties, field data collection, and inspection of all public roadways. Conducts GIS encoding and layer maintenance and manipulation of data associated with the pavement management section of the Geographic Information System. Also conducts pavement management short-term and long-term budgetary analysis.
- Additionally, the Specialist will make recommendations as to the type of preventative maintenance or pavement rehabilitation strategy to be completed on various roadways, based on the data collected. Provides price and quantity calculations, and potential costs benefits on projected projects.
- Must have strong computer skills including use of MS Office, databases, and ArcGis, as well as experience with data collection, manipulation, and analysis.
- Must have a good knowledge of the principles of highway construction and inspection; construction and pavement asset practices and processes; policies and standards for roads and developments; mathematical, engineering, and statistical calculations; financial and budgetary analysis methodology; traffic safety and safety procedures.
- Requires a valid Idaho Driver's License with the ability to operate ACHD vehicles in the completion of duties.
- Associate level degree in Civil Engineering, Engineering Technology, or related field. Any combination of education, training or experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be acceptable.
A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources no later than 4:30 p.m., January 31, 2019.