Proposed Roadway changes downtown
Your input is needed!
Downtown Boise Implementation Plan: Update Open House
When: 3/13/2014 | 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Where: US Bank Building | 101 S. Capitol Blvd., 2nd Floor
The Ada County Highway District (ACHD) and Boise City, in cooperation with Capital City Development Corporation, Downtown Boise Association, and Valley Regional Transit, invite you to an open house to view proposed updates to the Downtown Boise Implementation Plan. We want to know what you think about proposals to:
- Add bike lanes on Idaho Street, Main Street and Capitol Boulevard, removing one auto lane from each road and parking in some locations.
- Convert 5th and 6th streets from one-way to two-way in the future.
NOTE: These proposals could impact previous decisions made in the original plan about bike facilities and parking impacts on 5th, 6th, and Jefferson streets.
If you are unable to attend the open house, materials and handouts will be available online by close of business on March 14. Written comments may be sent to 3775 Adams St., Garden City, ID 83714 or to email@example.com by March 27, 2014.
The Downtown Boise Implementation Plan was adopted by the ACHD Commissioners on Wednesday, September 25, 2013. Click here to view the final plan.
June 6, 2013 Open House Materials
Please click on the image below to view the display boards from the open house.
ACHD and Boise City, in cooperation with Capital City Development Corporation, Downtown Boise Association, and Valley Regional Transit, are working to develop the Downtown Boise Implementation Plan. The goal of this project is to establish a plan to coordinate major roadway improvements that are proposed, planned or requested in the downtown area, including:
The effort will result in an implementation plan identifying the exact work to be done, sequence of work and how best to accomplish the projects concurrently. Click here to view a map of the plan area.
- Asphalt overlay and surface maintenance work
- Conversion of some streets from one-way to two-way traffic operations
- Improvements to the bicycle and pedestrian network
- Intersection treatments to improve traffic operations, including turn lanes and mini-roundabouts
- Capital City Development Corporation (CCDC) streetscape and sidewalk improvements
- Boise City Hall streetscape improvements
- VRT transit center improvements
- Utility improvements