The Downtown Boise Implementation Plan was adopted by the ACHD Commissioners on Wednesday, September 25, 2013. Click here to view the final plan.
June 6, 2013 Open House Materials
Please click on the image below to view the display boards from the open house.
ACHD and Boise City, in cooperation with Capital City Development Corporation, Downtown Boise Association, and Valley Regional Transit, are working to develop the Downtown Boise Implementation Plan. The goal of this project is to establish a plan to coordinate major roadway improvements that are proposed, planned or requested in the downtown area, including:
The effort will result in an implementation plan identifying the exact work to be done, sequence of work and how best to accomplish the projects concurrently. Click here to view a map of the plan area.
- Asphalt overlay and surface maintenance work
- Conversion of some streets from one-way to two-way traffic operations
- Improvements to the bicycle and pedestrian network
- Intersection treatments to improve traffic operations, including turn lanes and mini-roundabouts
- Capital City Development Corporation (CCDC) streetscape and sidewalk improvements
- Boise City Hall streetscape improvements
- VRT transit center improvements
- Utility improvements