Construction includes replacing asphalt pavement and improving adjacent pedestrian ramps as needed. Some areas have been identified as needing a slightly more extensive amount of maintenance repair. Asphalt in these areas will be removed, then a portion of the base material will be removed and replaced, followed by the placement of new asphalt pavement. The following street segments will be included in this project:
Construction update as of 7/16/18: The contractor has 150 working days to complete the contract.
- 3rd Street, Myrtle to Front Street and Jefferson Street to Fort Street: Concrete work is ongoing. Milling and paving is scheduled for July 24th-26th
- 4th Street, State Street to Washington Street: Milling and paving is scheduled for July 17th
- 11th Street, Myrtle Street to Front Street and Main Street to Bannock Street: Milling and paving is scheduled for July 20th-21st
- Amity Road, Production Street to Market Street: The asphalt test strip placed on May 9th passed. Milling was completed May 12th. Paving was completed May 21st. Test results on mainline paving are questionable and may require removal and replacement. Failing material was removed on July 8th and repaved July 9th-10th. Remaining work includes manhole adjustments and permanent striping
- Cherry Lane, Ten Mile Road to Meridian Road
- Collister Drive, Hill Road to Quail Ridge Drive: Concrete work is complete. Milling and paving is scheduled to start the week of July 15th-17th
- Curtis Road, Morris Hill Road to the south off-ramp of Interstate I-84: Work will be delayed until ITD's bridge rehabilitation project on Emerald is complete.
- Harrison Boulevard, Hays Street to Hill Road: Concrete work started April 23rd and is on-going. Pipe work is complete.
- Irene Street, N. 33rd Street to N. 28th Street and N. 26th Street to Harrison Boulevard: Concrete work is complete. Milling is scheduled to start the week of July 16th.
- Rose Hill Street, Roosevelt Street to Vista Avenue: Work to install a ped crossing at Peasley Street started on July 5th. Concrete work is ongoing
- Seamans Gulch Road, Hill Road Parkway to the Ada County Landfill entrance
- Sycamore Drive, State Street to Taft Street: Concrete work is complete. Milling and paving is scheduled for July 18th-19th
- Taft Street, N. 32nd Street to N. 28th Street: Pipe work is complete. Milling and paving is scheduled to start July 12th.
- Start Date:
- Spring 2018
- End Date:
- Late Fall 2018