The Ada County Highway District (ACHD) will resurface Columbia Road between Linder Road and Meridian Road
. Work will begin on September 16th, and is anticipated for completion on Sept. 24th
. Because construction schedules are subject to change, please check back for potential updates. Weekly construction updates are available here at Weekly Construction Update
The project will re-purpose the existing asphalt through an "asphalt reclaiming" process and add a new asphalt layer to the entire roadway. The reclaiming process will improve the road base, extend the roadway's lifespan and create a new smooth driving surface.Construction ImpactsA closure will be in place for thru-traffic during the work -- thru-traffic may head north to Lake Hazel Rd. or south to Hubbard Rd.
Access for residents will be maintained.
Crews will work daytime hours, generally between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Weekend work is possible. Construction impacts may include, but are not limited to:
- Large equipment & crews working in the area
- Temporary driveway/roadway restrictions - crews will work with any affected properties
- Lane restrictions with flagging
- Delays - may be approximately 15 minutes when new surface is applied
- Uneven road surface
- Jack hammering around utility manholes & other miscellaneous concrete