Project Update as of 6/15/18: The Microseal project will include segments previously scheduled for summer of 2017 as well as those programmed for 2018. Work is being done at night. The segments in downtown Boise and the 36th/Hill roundabout are complete. Work started in downtown Meridian on June 7th and will be on-going through next week.
Beginning in late May 2018, the Ada County Highway District will begin work on several Ada County roads. This annual pavement maintenance program involves cleaning the surface of the existing asphalt, then applying a fast-drying asphalt-based sealant.
The following road segments are included in the program:
- Main Street, King Street to Fairview Avenue
- Washington Street, Meridian Road to Main Street
- Carlton Avenue, Meridian Road to Main Street
- Broadway Avenue, Meridian Road to Main Street
- Idaho Avenue, Meridian Road to Main Street
- Meridian Road, End of PCC (S/O Corporate Drive) to Franklin Road
- Meridian Road, Franklin road to Bower Street
- Meridian Road, Bower Street to Broadway Avenue
- Meridian Road, Broadway Avenue to start of PCC (Fairview Avenue)
- Meridian Road, Main Street to Bower Street
- 3rd Street, Front Street to Idaho Street--Complete
- 3rd Street, Idaho Street to Bannock Street--Complete
- 3rd Street, Bannock to Jefferson Street--Complete
- 13th Street, Main Street to State Street--Complete
- 13th Street, Front Street to Main Street--Complete
- 14th Street, Front Street to State Street--Complete
- Bannock Street, 9th Street to 15th Street--Complete
- Hill Road Roundabout--Complete
Each road segment will be closed during the night for this process, and then re-opened in the early morning for traffic. Parking will not be allowed on the segments receiving this sealcoat during the cleaning and application process.