- Construct curb, gutter and sidewalk on Cassia Street, between Latah and Shoshone streets.
- Add bulb-outs for pedestrian safety.
- What are bulb-outs? Bulb-outs are an extension of the curb or the sidewalk into the street, usually at an intersection, that narrows the road, inhibits fast turns, and shortens the crossing distance for pedestrians.
- Include drainage swales and permeable pavers to manage stormwater.
- Maintaining most existing on-street parking.
- The Cassia Street Bikeway proposes sharrows on this portion of Cassia Street. Sharrows are painted shared lane markings to remind users that bikes and cars share the street.
- Construction is currently scheduled for 2020*.
- View the design!
Thank you for your interest in the Cassia Street Project. The comment period closed on June 27, 2018.
Want to check out the design in person?
Join us on June 13th for the Cassia Bikeway open houses, where we will have the Cassia sidewalk display for you to review.
June 13, 2018
- 3:30-4:30 p.m. | Borah Park - 801 Aurora Dr.
- 5:30-6:30 p.m. | Cassia Park parking lot - 4600 W Camas St.
*The initial draft of the 2019-2023 ACHD Integrated Five-Year Work Plan shows construction moving to 2021. The Plan will go before the ACHD Commission for possible adoption in the fall.