The Meridian Split Corridor project has been identified in the Downtown Meridian Transportation Management Plan as the number one priority of the City of Meridian.
- Improve capacity and accommodate existing and future traffic volumes along the Main Street and Meridian Road Corridor.
- Improve the safety of the Main/Waltman/Meridian/Central intersection through realignment of the roadway.
- Add a multi-use pathway to the east side of Main Street.
- Construct the southern portion of the Meridian Road and Main Street Split Corridor, between I-84 and Franklin Road.
- Reconstruct and realign the Main/Waltman/Meridian/Central intersection.
- Widen Franklin Road between Meridian and Main to accommodate a longer left turn lane for traffic turning onto Meridian.
- Re-stripe Meridian Road and Main Street for one-way traffic.
- Add sidewalks on west side of Main Street where they currently do not exist.
Do you have questions about a business located in the area and how ACHD can help you during construction? Click here to learn more about ACHD's Business Resources.