All businesses will continue to have left turn in access to their
property either from Cole Road or adjacent streets such as Century Way
- Replace existing candlesticks on Cole Road between Spectrum and Century Way with curb and medians.
- Add additional curbs and medians for safety.
- Restrict left turns from Century Way (northern portion) onto Cole Road.
Why is ACHD considering this project?
- ACHD has been incrementally adding candlesticks to this
section of Cole Road as safety issues have arisen. The candlesticks have helped
increase safety by limiting left turns across a busy five-lane roadway.
Unfortunately, candlesticks don’t hold up very well and ACHD would like to
replace the candlesticks with curb medians.
- ACHD has also evaluated the advantages and drawbacks to
adding curb and medians to other areas along this section of Cole Road and have
determined that it would be beneficial.
- Fortunately, the Century Way loop provides a natural route for most businesses to safely access Cole Road.
Review the design
Please review the project design under "Related Documents" to the right of your screen or click on the image below.
- Fall 2015 – Began design
- Summer 2016 – Public feedback
- Fall 2016 - Final design
- 2017 – Replace candlesticks, and install additional curbs and medians
Start Date: TBD
End Date: TBD