Project update as of 7/13/16:
Commissioners reviewed the plan for Jefferson Street, directing staff on the kind of bicycle facilities to add to the street in the fall of 2016 when the conversion from one- to two-way operation is completed.
Concerned about the potential loss of more than 100 parking spaces, the Commission majority told ACHD staff to put in sharrows -- shared lane markings indicating where bicyclists would ride within the regular traffic vehicle lane -- on Jefferson from 1st to 16th streets. The sharrows will be applied by early October, when the paving of the Jefferson is expected to be finished and striping of the road completed.
The adopted Downtown Boise Implementation Plan from late 2013 called for Jefferson to receive bike lanes, which would come at the cost of the parking. The City of Boise strongly supported altering the plan to utilize sharrows.
Project update as of 5/9/16: The Preconstruction Meeting will be held on May 13. The Notice to Proceed is May 18.
Beginning as early as May 18, 2016 construction will begin on the Downtown Boise Implementation Plan (DBIP) project on Jefferson Street between 16th and 1st streets. Construction is scheduled for completion in November.
- Repave Jefferson Street.
- Convert Jefferson Street to continuous two-way traffic.
- Restripe with bicycle lanes.
- The project also includes small pipe replacements beneath the roadway, altering traffic signals, and some sidewalk work.
- Parking will be lost, mostly on the north side of Jefferson. Please see exhibits under "Related Documents" to the right of your screen for specific areas.
- Crews will be on site each weekday starting as early as 7 a.m., however construction activities that impact traffic are limited to the hours of 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Crews will also be working at night between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. There will be lane restrictions during construction and care is advised for motorists, pedestrians and bicyclists.
- The work may include, but not be limited to, the following impacts: general construction noise, dust, equipment back up alarms, and ground vibration. For specific details about the construction schedule, please contact Kadee Porter, ACHD Construction Services, at 387-6290.
We are more than happy to answer any questions you might have about the construction project. Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call:
- Cody Homan, ACHD Project Manager, 387-6109
- Kadee Porter, ACHD Construction Coordinator, 387-6290
Start Date: May 18, 2016
End Date: November 2016