The Kuna Downtown Corridor Plan was adopted by the ACHD Commissioners on Wednesday, October 24, 2012. Click here to view the final plan.
- A plan to identify how residents and visitors get to, through and around the downtown using all modes of travel.
- The goal is to identify projects and priorities for intersections; pedestrian, bicycle, and transit facilities; and truck routes along the Avalon Street/Main Street/Bridge Street corridor, between School Avenue and Kay Street.
Purpose of the study is to:
- Define the current and desired function of Kuna’s downtown transportation and access for all modes of travel – vehicles, bicycles, pedestrians, transit, trucks.
- Evaluate existing and future vehicular, pedestrian, bicycle and agricultural truck patterns, circulation and operations for downtown.
- Identify desired Downtown parking operations
- Identify Downtown access management strategies
- Help ACHD and the City determine Downtown improvement projects and priorities
- Determine where improvements are needed along the Avalon Street /Main Street / Bridge Street corridor between School Road and Kay Avenue.
- Near the end of the study, conceptual design work will begin on one of the following projects, while the others will be programmed for coming years:
- Avalon Street between Orchard Avenue and Linder Avenue
- Avalon Street/Swan Falls Road intersection
- Linder Avenue/Main Street/3rd Street intersection
- Bridge Avenue/Avenue D/ and Main/3rd intersection
- Avalon Street/Bridge Avenue/Shortline Street intersection
Plan will recommend improvements and programming strategies thru year 2035.
Start Date: TBD
End Date: TBD