Date Posted: November 29, 2017
Closes: Open until Filled
Temporary Inspector - Subdivisions
Applications are now being accepted for Temporary Subdivision Inspector in Ada County Highway District's Development Services Department.
This is a full-time position working 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. The length of the assignment is 8 months, and the starting wage is $11.00 to $14.00 per hour, depending on qualifications.
- The Temporary Inspector will perform visual inspections of storm drain system construction. Will also conduct testing procedures to validate construction standards.
- The Temporary Inspector may also monitor, inspect and investigate contractor compliance with District plans, specifications and standards for work performed within the public right-of-way areas.
- Must have a good knowledge of basic construction practices and procedures; ability to perform mathematical engineering calculations; ability to read and interpret construction specifications, civil engineering drawings; ability to prepare effective inspection notes.
- Ability to work safely within the right-of-way and active construction sites, following all safety procedures.
- Ability to work effectively and maintain open communication and cooperative working relationships with contractors, engineers, local agency representatives, property owners, the general public, and other District employees.
- Effective and professional written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Experience using MS Office and databases; ability to accurately enter data and verify results.
- Must have a valid Idaho driver's license with a good driving record.
- Ability to work outdoors in inclement weather, and lift/carry up to 35 lbs.
- Any combination of education, experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable.
Temporary Position Application Process
Seasonal/Temporary positions working with ACHD are hired through a temporary agency, and are not
employees of ACHD. A completed Seasonal/Temporary
Position Interest Form is required (not an ACHD employment application), and must be submitted to ACHD's Human Resources for the selection process.
The Seasonal/Temporary Position Interest Forms are available at the ACHD's Administration Building, located at
3775 Adams Street, Garden City, ID 83714, or through this link Seasonal/Temporary
Position Interest Form.
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations