Date Posted: July 6, 2018
Open until end of Summer/Fall Season
CDL Drivers (Class A)
Ada County Highway District has openings for Seasonal Class-A CDL Drivers to operate 10-wheel dump trucks. All work is within Ada County.
- Crews and drivers work a 40-hour week, with 10-hour days. Hours are 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- The pay is $12.00 per hour.
- These crews work through the end of August.
- Must have a valid Idaho Class-A Driver's License with a good driving record. Medical card not required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have 10-wheel dump truck driving experience.
- Must have city street CDL driving experience.
- Must be able to lift up to 35-50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in outdoor weather conditions.
Openings are available for the following driver positions.
- Chip Seal Crew Drivers: Drivers haul chips to support the ground crew and assist with various manual tasks. This crew works Monday - Thursday, with Friday, Saturday, & Sundays off.
- Utility Crew Drivers/Laborers: Drivers assist the Utility Crew workers with concrete and pipe/culvert repair and installation as well as driving 10-wheel dumps. Experience with concrete and pipe laying is desired. Openings available for both drivers and laborers. This crew works Tuesday - Friday, with Saturday, Sunday, & Mondays off.
Temporary Position Application Process
Seasonal/Temporary positions working with ACHD are hired through a temporary agency, and are not
employees of ACHD. A completed Seasonal/Temporary
Position Interest Form is required (not an ACHD employment application), and must be submitted to ACHD's Human Resources for the selection process.
The Seasonal/Temporary Position Interest Forms are available at the ACHD's Administration Building, located at
3775 Adams Street, Garden City, ID 83714, or through this link Seasonal/Temporary
Position Interest Form.
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations