Date Posted: July 23, 2019
Closes: August 15, 2019
We're sorry, but the application period for this job opening has past. Please go to the
ACHD Employment Home page for current employment opportunities.
Procurement & Contracting Administrator
Ada County Highway District is now accepting applications for a Procurement & Contracting Administrator. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting wage range of $28.72 - $33.02 per hour, DOQ.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- The Procurement & Contracting Administrator is responsible for all statutory contract procurement for ACHD, including the development of Request for Qualifications (RFQ), Requests for Proposals (RFP), and other request for bids and contracts.
- This position requires significant analysis, monitoring, compliance, and coordination throughout the formal and informal procurement for goods, services, and public works construction projects as well as the processing of bids and contract awards for the District; may include the negotiation and/or monitoring of various types of contracts and agreements. The Administrator is also responsible for supervising the department's support staff.
- Requires detailed procedural knowledge of Idaho Code Title 67, Chapter 28-Purchasing by Political Subdivisions, procurement & contract administration principles and practices, terminology and development, and negotiation of contracts. A comprehensive knowledge of procurement & contract laws, principles, and methods as well as an understanding of the relevant Federal, State and local regulations is also required.
- Must have the ability to communicate professionally, maintain records for State and Federal compliance, and prepare, review, and edit procurement & contract documents for content and compliance.
- Requires previous experience in procurement & contract administration and negotiation along with graduation from a college or university with a degree in Government Procurement, Public Administration, Business Administration, or a related field. An active Public Procurement Certification (NIGP) is also desired.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training, which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities, may be acceptable.
A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources no later than 4:30 p.m., August 15, 2019.