Date Posted: December 7, 2017
Closes: January 3, 2018
Procurement and Contracting Technician
Applications are now being accepted for a full-time Procurement and Contracting Technician at Ada County Highway District in the Boise, Idaho area. Starting wage range is $17.83 - $20.50 per hour, DOQ.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation, holidays, and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- The Procurement and Contracting Technician prepares, monitors, and coordinates various types of contractual agreements.
- The Technician completes tasks involving the procurement and contracting for a range of goods and services including the construction and maintenance of public works, and the purchase of equipment, materials, products, and/or services. Tasks include reviewing/preparing Invitations to Bid, Request for Proposals, Request for Qualifications, advertising schedules, progress/status reports, etc.
- The Technician reviews all types of documents that are part of the bid or contracts including change orders, supplemental agreements, etc, for compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and procurement policies and procedures.
- Must have a good knowledge of Federal, State and local regulations relating to contracts and procurement, procurement and contract administration principles and practices, procurement and contracts terminology and development, and Business communication and mathematics.
- Ability to communicate effectively using professional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to utilize word processing, spreadsheet, and database software.
- Some experience in contract administration and/or procurement duties, along with graduation from a college or university with a degree Business or Public Administration or a related field, is preferred. Experience in public works contracting is a plus.
- Or, any equivalent combination of education, training or experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities, may be acceptable.
A completed application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources by 4:30 p.m., Wednesday, January 3, 2018.