Date Posted: May 8, 2019
Closes: June 5, 2019
Planning Review Supervisor
Ada County Highway District is now accepting applications for a Planning Review Supervisor. This is a full-time, exempt position with a starting wage range of $71,053.00 - $85,259.00 annually, DOE.
This position includes an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- Responsible for the operation of the Planning Review Section, requiring supervisory ability and the application of planning knowledge and skills to assure that District policies and standards are followed; review of plats, site plans, and other drawings of subdivisions and other developments for compliance with District policies and requirements.
- Supervises the preparation of staff reports describing recommended requirements of development applications as well as the weekly packet of staff reports and presentation of data to the Commission.
- Assists the public, contractors, architects, engineers, and land developers with the interpretation of policies, plans, specifications and regulations.
- Prepares and manages the fiscal budget for the section; reviews, amends, revises and enforces the Development Policy Manual.
- The successful candidate must have considerable knowledge of development application and subdivision review processes; project planning and project management principles and practices; District policies and standards.
- Must have a good knowledge of management and supervision principles and practices; Traffic Impact Studies; American Association of State Highway and Transportation Office/Institute of Traffic Engineer standards and guidelines.
- Requires the ability to prepare, edit and present technical reports and information both in writing and orally to a public forum; understand and interpret traffic data; plan, organize and direct the work of subordinates; operate a computer and related business software.
- Bachelor's Degree in Urban Planning, Public Administration or a related field is desirable as well as previous work experience in a planning supervisory position.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, may be considered.
A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources by 4:30 p.m. on June 5, 2019.