Date Posted: December 6, 2017
Closes: December 27, 2017
Applications are now being accepted for a full-time position of Facilities Technician in the Maintenance Division. Starting wage range is $16.21 - $18.64 per hour, DOQ.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation, holidays, and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- Under the supervision of the Facilities Specialist, the Facilities Technician will inspect routine contract maintenance activities to ensure work is performed in a timely manner and quality is achieved.
- The Facilities Technician performs basic building maintenance and repairs, assists with work order requests, schedules routine work with outside contractors/vendors, and participates in the selection and evaluation of facilities contractors.
- The Facilities Technician is also responsible to assist with maintaining a computerized facility maintenance system to include data entry, filing, and routine maintenance scheduling.
- Will perform winter maintenance services for multiple campuses.
- Must have experience in facilities maintenance including landscaping, custodial, building maintenance and repair, and security services techniques and practices.
- Must have good knowledge of filing, recordkeeping, and project scheduling associated with facility maintenance activities.
- Experience required using MS Word, Excel, Outlook, the Internet, as well as the ability to learn the Facilities software.
- Must have a strong work ethic and be able to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships as well as being able to work independently.
- Must be able to provide good Customer Service to internal and external customers, and be able to communicate effectively both in person and in writing.
- Will be responsible for on-call response to emergencies on a bi-weekly basis, and will perform after-hours/weekend work and event support as needed during on-call weeks.
- Requires a valid Idaho Driver's License and the ability to operate ACHD vehicles in the completion of duties
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds in the course of performing job duties.
- Or, any equivalent combination of education, training or experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities, may be acceptable.
A completed application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources by 4:30 p.m., Wednesday, December 27, 2017.